Are you looking for an easy-to-wear style to fit your seaside “I do?” Beach wedding dresses can range from a spectrum of casual to extravagant. Choosing a dress that is perfect for your personality and style shouldn’t feel anything less than marvelous.
Perhaps your most exciting step as a bride will consist of finding your wedding dress. A significant key when choosing the perfect wedding dress is to look for something that will integrate the laid-back style of each beach wedding with an elegance that uniquely fits you. For many brides, the dress is the most crucial aspect of the whole wedding (minus the groom – of course!)
By finding your dream wedding dress that incorporates your beach theme and keeps you comfortable, you will have the perfect element to tie together your perfect beach wedding.
Finding something that fits your style and personality while also being comfortable for the seaside can be a challenge. At Sposa Mia Bridal, we are experts in all things bridal and we’re here to help you find the dress of your dreams. Let’s take a look at some of our top tips for choosing the perfect beach wedding gown for your big day.
Tips on Choosing Fabrics and Silhouettes for a Beach Wedding Dress
A beach wedding dress is a dress that captures that ease of wear feeling without sacrificing the style of a traditional wedding gown. This style of gown often features a low back with boho style lace to create a relaxed dress suitable for a seaside ceremony. Each beach wedding dress has a style all of its own.
To get started on the perfect style for you, begin with the materials, hemlines, and shapes.
Tip #1: Pick Lightweight Materials
When looking for your beach wedding dress, a good rule of thumb is to look at the material you wish to have. For example, silk, chiffon, or lace are lightweight fabrics ideal for a breezy, beachy wedding.
Tip #2: Opt for Shorter Hemlines
If you wish to have a casual beachside wedding, try a short wedding dress look that incorporates midi length, high-low hems, or asymmetrical silhouette that brings the easy-going vibe that’s still sophisticated.
These shorter hemlines add to a relaxed feeling while allowing you something that you can quickly wear again for other occasions. By accenting this with lace trim, floral embellishments, or eyelet embroidery, your casual dress feels more striking for your big day.
Tip #3: Choose Fluid and Flattering Shapes
Suppose you are searching for a fuller wedding gown design to accentuate your beachy theme – then more straightforward, fluid, and figure-flattering cuts may be a better option for what you are aspiring to have. However, those craving more eye-catching aspects to their dress – loosely woven lace, relaxed embroidery, tier, and sheer panels will give any simple dress a pop.
Remember this is your special day, as long you are comfortable – a flowy, breathable dress will be a dream amongst the blue waters of the ocean.
Simple Ideas for Beach Wedding Gown Accessories
Now that you have some ideas for the fabric and overall look of your beach wedding gown, let’s discuss some simple ideas for the accessories to wear to the beach on your wedding day.
1. Seek Out Alternatives to a Veil
While running your toes in the sand is blissful, a long veil may end up blowing and dragging in the sand where it could get tangled up. An alternative to a veil may be clips, wraps, headbands, or a smaller veil to accent your dress.
2. Opt for Lighter Weight Jewelry
The same can be said for your jewelry. You may want something lighter so that it doesn’t stick to your skin from the heat or salty air.
If you are keen on having jewelry, try asking questions that are based on your style. For example, you may want to consider materials like shells, pearls, and flowers that fit the aesthetic of a beach wedding.
What to Consider Before Finalizing the Purchase of Your Beach Wedding Gown
Now that you have an idea of the type of fabric and style of your gown, maybe even picked out some accessories and veil options, we’re going to go over a few things you should consider before leaving the shop with your wedding gown.
Since most beach weddings require travel to their warm destination, you’ll want to consider these things before making your purchase final:
- Will my dress be accommodated on the airline or in the car? You may want to call an airline or measure the vehicle to make sure that the transportation is seamless.
- Will I be bringing something to steam with it, or will I need to contact the hotel/venue? You will want to make sure that your dress is steamed and ready for the occasion and is looking its best.
- Can I get my dress shipped directly to my hotel? See if the bridal store you’re buying your dress from can ship directly to your destination, as this may relieve some stress for you on your wedding day.
You may come to find that some materials are more accessible to travel with than others. Consider lace, chiffon, silk, and charmeuse when purchasing your beach bridal dress.
You’ve Bought Your Beach Wedding Dress and Now You’re Ready to Travel to Your Destination
Now that you’ve got your dress ideas, thought about some accessories, and considered a few things before finalizing your purchase, you need to consider a few things before traveling about with your beach wedding dress:
- Make sure you are lifting your dress often. Doing this will make sure that you aren’t catching sand in the hemline or the bottom of the dress if you choose a longer one.
- When walking down the aisle, take your time. When it comes to picking out your dress, it may be worth considering if you want a train or not. There may be objects buried in the sand that you aren’t aware of that your dress could catch on to. By walking slower, you will be able to decrease the chances of your dress snagging.
- When taking pictures, be cautious of rocks or ledges. Often, these areas are where barnacles like to be most. You won’t want to tear your wedding dress on any of the sharp edges.
- Always remember that water ruins your dress. This may be something to consider when picking out the fabric you want your wedding dress to be. Be sure to ask the bridal store/designer how water may affect your wedding dress.
With all this in mind, you will be able to find the perfect wedding dress style that will have you falling in love all over again.
Let Us Complete Your Dream Wedding With Your Dream Dress
At Sposa Mia Bridal, our hand-curated collection of Bridal Gowns will steal your heart. With a mixture of price point and styles, we provide a unique selection of gowns and accessories that is elegant, timeless, and romantic.
Please give us a call at the boutique or take a moment to complete our appointment request form to schedule your visit. We will get back to you as quickly as possible to confirm the details!